FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I am currently most interested in tattooing more botanical designs, full color, and arm sleeves. Please send through your ideas whether or not they fit these descriptions. Please do not ask me to replicate another tattooer’s work.
I work out of Tattoo Dumond. The shop is located in Downtown Denver. Expect to pay for parking. My workspace is located on the second floor, and is only accessible by stairs. I will announce any traveling dates on Instagram @kalawar.
I begin all tattoo sessions with some questions about what you have in mind for your tattoo. This will include a discussion on placement, size, overall aesthetic, and may include reference images. I then freehand the approved design directly to your skin with markers. Any adjustments can be made in this stage. I will not begin tattooing until the design has your final approval.
To book a tattoo, email email@example.com with the subject matter you’d like tattooed in the email title. Please include a description of your tattoo idea, placement, size, budget, color or black work, and reference images if you have them. Allow at least two weeks for a reply. If your tattoo proposal is accepted I'll send a link to book an appointment on my online calendar.
Tattoos can be personal and emotional for some. I am grateful to be a part of this process and appreciate your trust in me as an artist. Please be aware that my work is solely as an artist. I will not accept tattoo proposals that include over sharing of personal or private information.
Most tattooing sessions last around 3 hours each, unless discussed upon previously with me. Some tattoos may require multiple sessions. I am not able to quote the amount of sessions it will take to complete your tattoo as there are too many variables. Tattoos must be given 3 weeks to heal in-between sessions. Please do not let too much time lapse in between appointments so as to maintain consistency.
To book an appointment, you'll need to place a $100 non-refundable deposit upfront. My hourly tattooing rate is $180.
I accept card and cash. My card reader allows for tipping. A 15-20% tip is considered standard, but this is up to your discretion.
Clients can reschedule through the booking system that they made their appointment through. Please give 3 days notice if you need to reschedule.
Please wear comfortable clothing that will not hinder accessibility to the tattoo and that you are not worried about getting ink on. There is bathroom where you are able to change. I provide pasties if necessary. If you get chilled while getting tattooed, consider bringing a jacket or cardigan and wearing thick socks.
I provide free touch ups within the first year. Any touch ups after then will be charged my typical rate.
I am not accepting apprenticeships or giving out industry advice. Please check in with your local tattooing community if you are curious about getting into the business.
Take off your bandaging
- If you have a plastic wrap covering take it off within 2-4 hours of getting tattooed
- If you have a Saniderm or "second skin" covering take it off within 3-4 days
- It is typically easiest to take bandages off in the shower
- Wash with clean hands and antibacterial soap only
- Do not use a rag
- Pat dry with a clean towel
- Wash tattoo once a day, but make sure to not over wash as it can be drying.
Apply a thin layer of tattoo salve for 2-4 days
- Aquafor is a petroleum based salve that is easy to find at the drug store
- Hustle Butter is an excellent vegan tattoo aftercare salve that I personally prefer
Allow the tattoo to peel on it's own
- Please keep in mind that all bodies heal differently
- If scabbing occurs, keep it moist with a thin layer of tattoo salve but try to avoid getting the skin too soggy
- Do not pick at any peeling or scabbing skin
Stay away from possible contaminants
- Tattoos are open skin and need to be treated as such
- Do not submerge your tattoo underwater for 2-3 weeks including baths and pools
- Avoid pet dander
Use sunscreen to protect and prolong the life of your tattoo
- Do not expose your fresh tattoo to the sun
- Use sunscreen only after the tattoo is fully healed